Conor Allen Eckerd College Campus Box 14 4200 54th Ave. S. St. Petersburg, FL 33711
April 24, 2008
1201 16th Street, NW Washington, DC 20036-3290
My name is Conor Allen and I am a student at Eckerd College. Growing up I have always had an appreciation for teachers and the difficult job they have teaching students. I know teaching is a difficult job, which is why I strongly believe they deserve more money than they are currently being paid. I have read about the difficulty schools have luring people to be teachers because of the poor pay. The average salary of teachers is around 45,000 dollars, which I believe to be unacceptable.
I am writing to inform you of my plan to raise teacher’s salaries all around the country. I have done much research about the ludicrous sums of money that professional athletes make all over the country. I have advocated a plan for players who make over a certain sum to have to give a percent of their salary to the NEA. Although this plan may seem a bit far-fetched I thought we could start with a single team and the trend would expand to different teams then different leagues. With players like Alex Rodriguez who makes 28 million dollars a year this percentage would be a large amount of money that could be used to fund teachers who educate the players children.
I strongly believe that our current salary distribution system is askew showing our children that America values athletics more than education. Hopefully if my plan works the average salary paid to teachers will increase dramatically.
I am sure I have your support on this issue and would really appreciate a reply at your convenience. Thanks for your time.
1 comment:
Conor Allen
Eckerd College
Campus Box 14
4200 54th Ave. S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
April 24, 2008
1201 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036-3290
My name is Conor Allen and I am a student at Eckerd College. Growing up I have always had an appreciation for teachers and the difficult job they have teaching students. I know teaching is a difficult job, which is why I strongly believe they deserve more money than they are currently being paid. I have read about the difficulty schools have luring people to be teachers because of the poor pay. The average salary of teachers is around 45,000 dollars, which I believe to be unacceptable.
I am writing to inform you of my plan to raise teacher’s salaries all around the country. I have done much research about the ludicrous sums of money that professional athletes make all over the country. I have advocated a plan for players who make over a certain sum to have to give a percent of their salary to the NEA. Although this plan may seem a bit far-fetched I thought we could start with a single team and the trend would expand to different teams then different leagues. With players like Alex Rodriguez who makes 28 million dollars a year this percentage would be a large amount of money that could be used to fund teachers who educate the players children.
I strongly believe that our current salary distribution system is askew showing our children that America values athletics more than education. Hopefully if my plan works the average salary paid to teachers will increase dramatically.
I am sure I have your support on this issue and would really appreciate a reply at your convenience. Thanks for your time.
Sincerely.
Post a Comment